Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Babycenter.com=my BFF

Ever since I've come to find out about Jr., I've joined a website called Babycenter.com (as recommended by my aunt,Hope, who is a new mommy herself). This place encompasses all sorts of information about things from your pregnancy (all 40 weeks) to what to do when the baby is here to how to parent the child from a toddler to a 9 year old! Hopefully by that age, I'll know what I'm doing lol. There also other fun things like recipes for new moms to feed a developing child, partnerships with companies that sell all sorts of baby products--and give coupons. You can find blogs and Q&A links. I even found this portion of the site that takes the horoscopes of the mom and dad to predict the parenting styles; and I got to see the kind of personality my baby Capricorn is going to have:)
My favorite part is the email I get each week the baby grows. They come straight to my phone every Saturday when Jr's a week older. At first, it wasn't so exciting...what's so great about reading on a tiny ball of cells? Or an alien looking thing with a tail and webbed hands and feet? When I was about 6 weeks things started to get pretty cool. The boo and I were able to hear the heartbeat at our first ultrasound and see the head, legs, and feet! But there still wasn't much action after that. Now, my love is the likeness of a real human, officially called a fetus in the 10th week! The fun can begin, because now Jr. will begin to double in size and then I'll be able to feel it kick! Can't wait for that. Jr. now has nails, hair, all its organs---wow...aint God great?! I can bore you about all the things I've learned, Lord knows I keep my nose in a pregnancy or a baby book. But I'll conclude this by letting you know I'm definitely going to keep you posted.
When you watch TV, you get the glamorous side of pregnancy: the cute maternity clothes(which I refuse to buy); the even cuter tummy; the glowing skin; the long beautiful locks I'm supposed to get. I watched on Tyra, I think, that my nails get stronger too. But when am I going to read about how to deal with the gas? What about the constipation? These things are not fun! Not to mention that I like to go out and socialize, yet haven't found the energy to even stay up and watch Family Guy at 11pm on Adult Swim! You know I love that show:) Anyway, there are some things I wish I was warned about---and I'm not talking about the nice way the books put it, with their P.C. advice as to how to handle flatulence. I wanna know what cream to use when my neck gets black! I want to know what to eat to make sure my uterus snaps back in less than a week after delivery! I actually read today that I shouldn't use certain creams just to stop the stretch marks! uh---why not? Me and the boo don't want to look at that forever, lol. I mean, can you put me under right after delivery for a tummy tuck? Just put me on another table and transfer me to the adjacent wing. And what about the foods the baby "doesn't like"? The books say that there will be certain things I won't have a taste for...this is a possible indication the baby isn't feeling it. One of my friends told me her son made her hate her favorite cereal---I haven't tried to eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch yet with the bun in the oven, but I'd be highly upset if he/she didn't like all that sugary goodness! I've already discovered Jr. hates green apples. I tried 2 days in a row to eat one, calling myself partaking in a healthy diet--not! It made me feel sick, like it was burning or something going down my throat...never happened before:( Needless to say, I had to scratch that off the list.
And you know what? the one thing that frustrates me the most is that I don't really have an appetite anymore. It's not just because my taste buds suddenly don't agree with me, either. I mean, I'll cook a whole meal: pork chops, mashed taters, corn---and eat one bite. That's not me! I was eating more like a pregnant woman BEFORE Jr...what sense does that make? It's been going on the last few weeks and I'm kind of concerned that I'm starving the poor chap. My man tells me not to be too hard on myself, but I can't help that I feel like a failure. Is that normal? I'll let you know when I talk to my doctor in 2 weeks...lol. But for now, I'll be boiling some crab legs for my weekly dose of seafood. Apparently I can't eat anything that's been in the water because of the mercury content, so we look forward to this!!
This is Flyy Preggo...OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Aww...I like and tell Jr to come on my birthday and ill be up there soon to take Jr to the cheesecake factory!

    ReplyDelete